Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Inappropriate Laughter

DH came to visit DD on Sunday. According to his surfing schedule, of course.

Didn't really matter that I had just put DD down for a nap.

He told me matter-of-factly that he wanted to see her more and that *I* could drive her 50 miles to drop her off so she could spend the day with him.

Apparently he doesn't know that babies EAT. DD is breastfed and won't take a bottle, syringe, dropper, cup, or anything. Believe me, when I had thrush, I tried.

He responded by shouting "I WILL JUST FEED HER!" Umm, okay.

He ended up storming off saying "I can't believe I ever loved you. I'm getting an attorney. I hate you."

Maybe it was relief from all the stress I've been having, but that gave me a great big, hearty belly laugh (Inappropriate laughter?).

The next day he called and it was like IT NEVER HAPPENED! He was bending over backwards to make me happy. Has he not learned yet that this is what abusers do???? I can tell he was getting frustrated because it just wasn't working like it used to.

I found myself an attorney the next day. I am so done.

No comments: