Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Oh No, He Did Not!? Vol.2

Oh No, he did not????!!!! Vol. 2

So, while DH is out of the country (without telling me) for two weeks, I went over to my (former) home to check things out (a.k.a. snoop).

Apparently the intellectual genius who is my DH thought he would make a divorce less economically damaging. He has been gradually removing money from the bank for the past 3 months. Every day, $700 is being electronically withdrawn from one of the accounts. The others are nearly empty already, having had large lump sums removed as cash.

He has also opened a whole series of accounts at other banks. And changed the passwords for the investment accounts. And taken out a home equity line of credit worth almost the ENTIRE value of the equity in our home.

In other words, he now has CASH for ALL the equity in our home and the house is worth nothing.

It's a lot of money.

I can't figure out yet where the money has gone, but he also opened a safe deposit box at another bank.

Given his exceedingly advanced capacity for complex thought , I am guessing he has put all the cash into the safe deposit box.

And I have copies of it all.

Did I mention my DH is an idiot?

Oh, and my attorney appointment is on Thursday. Hopefully, I will have the divorce papers filed and waiting for him when he gets back from his trip .

No comments: