Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Man in the Little White Truck

The wheels are turning in DH's piddly brain.

He received the divorce papers.

He read the divorce papers.

He had a near-psychotic fit of rage over the divorce papers.

But if he never signs the divorce papers, maybe he will win.

All the while he was waiting for the papers to arrive, he kept referring to "the man in the little white truck" who would bring them. This was, it appears, the man who had served his first divorce papers 9 years ago, and not a reference to the little-known divorce fairy, who rides on a winged unicorn.

So, he was waiting for the little white truck. With the man. And we know how DH likes to repeat history.

I had my attorney mail the papers out of courtesy for DH's privacy. And he has yet to return them, signed. He must still be waiting for the man with the little white truck.

I know, DH is not especially deserving of my courtesy, but I must have momentarily mistaken him for a sentient human being.

Now I have to go to the trouble of finding a man with a little white truck to serve DH with his divorce papers.

I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to track down the divorce fairy. Not for DH.

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

So, he just refuses to sign? What does he have to gain from that. He sounds like he just wants to make you miserable.