Friday, June 29, 2007

"Agent 007"

It is so sad. Tragic, really.

You see, it seems that DH got a "computer virus".

Those viruses can sure be tricky.

Especially when they forward your emails to everyone in your address book.

ESPECIALLY when the emails are messages to and from your mistress.

ESPECIALLY when your address book contains the email addresses of all your friends, family, and neighbors.

It can be hard to recover from a nasty computer virus like that.

I believe it is known as the "Agent 007" virus.

It's a doozy.

Apparently the side effects include hives, blurred vision, and the overwhelming disapproval of adulterous activities by one's circle of friends. One of the most annoying aspects of "Agent 007" is its tendency to forward copies of all emails to soon-to-be ex-wives .

So hard to sneak around when there are spying eyes everywhere, now isn't it?

UPDATE: I called DH this evening to arrange to pick up a few of my things - just to reinforce the idea that I had no way to get into the house by myself (wouldn't want him to think I had snooped around and "acquired" anything on a previous trip).

Anyway, he sounded like a total wet mop. It was great. Poor guy. I can't imagine what it might be like to have everyone in your known universe think you were a sleeze. Especially after spending months telling everyone your wife "just took the baby and left and didn't say why".

Boo Hoo. I'm feeling all sobby inside. Somebody hand me a tissue, please.

No comments: